You may be thinking - what are “zoats”? Zucchini oats of course! The beautiful thing about these is that they are a great way to sneak in veggies without having to taste them. The zucchini just makes the oats fluffier, more voluminous and filling without adding a veggie flavor. It also adds fiber, vitamins and minerals! The oats take on the flavor of whatever you add to them or, if left plain, just taste like plain oats (which, is never a bad thing).
I love adding the Resync collagen blend to my “zoats” not only for the berry flavor but for all the health benefits. Collagen adds protein, supports joints and connective tissue, strengthens gut lining, reduces wrinkles in skin and so much more. And the unique Resync blend (which has been third party tested) contains red spinach, aronia berry and beet extract to improve blood flow and cardiovascular function, prevent oxidative damage, promote restful sleep and more! Hence why these are called “cardio” collagen zoats.
PREP TIME 00:10
COOK TIME 00:00
- 1 zucchini shredded & water removed
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops Resync Your Joints Collagen formula
- 2 cups almond milk or other milk of choice List Item
- Shred zuchinni (I like to use the small part of a cheese grater) and remove as much water as you can (I use a cheese cloth to press it out, but paper towels work as well, you will just need a lot).
- Fill 2 mason jars or other similar container with 1 cup almond milk each.
- Add 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 scoop Resync & half the shredded zucchini to each mason jar.
- Stir continuously until evenly combined (may need two spoons since sometimes the mixture sticks to one spoon, you will need the other to scrape it off to continue stirring).
- Once combined, put both in the fridge to sit for at least 6 hours (I usually do overnight).
- You can eat them cold straight from the jar, or heat them up for a zucchini bread like consistency. I like to add toppings as well!