Why is collagen important for beauty at any age?
My, how times have changed! By now, you can find collagen supplements everywhere claiming to be the fountain of youth revealed, and to be honest, that’s not too far from the truth! Recent research now shows that a collagen supplement like Resync’s Collagen Blend can help:
- Reverse age-related wrinkles
- Improve skin moisture from the inside
- Strengthen hair and nails
- Improve joint pain in healthy athletes, as well as in people with osteoarthritis
...And the list goes on. When it comes to supporting your beauty and energy, there’s a lot going for collagen hydrolysate! Register for a free Resync account to learn:
- Why is collagen so important for beauty at any age?
- What is collagen used for?
- What do I need to look out for in a collagen supplement for beauty?
- What does the science say about using collagen for better looking skin, nails, hair, and a better feeling body?
Collagen: The Glue that Holds Everything TogetherYour skin is essentially made up of layers of tissue that keep damage from the outside world from creating too much havoc on the inside. Your skin cells are a disposable resource: your body continuously sheds old, damaged skin and renews itself every 28-40 days. This means that photo you took with your friends last summer? You’ve got a fresh new look whether you realize it or not! Since your skin regenerates so often, it means that the looks of your skin can be especially affected by what you eat.
The fact that your skin renews so regularly means that it requires more nutrients than other parts of your body. Those layers of skin are mostly made up of the proteins collagen and elastin. Collagen provides structure, strength, and moisture to your skin, while elastin is what gives it pliability and stretch. When you get poked, collagen is what keeps your skin from breaking, and elastin is what moves it back into shape. With age, the collagen in the skin changes and levels generally decrease (more on that in a bit).
So how do you keep your constantly-evolving skin nourished with the right building blocks? Besides having a relatively healthful diet with healthy fats, complex carbs, lots of fiber-rich...