Why should you pay attention to eating vegetables high in natural nitrates?
You may have heard that beets are good for your nitric oxide production. I want to share with you many more vegetables, which can support the production of that powerful signaling molecule in your body. But first, let’s make sure you realize why you should be paying attention to the subject of natural nitrates and their contribution to generating nitric oxide in your body.
Even for the top experts in the field of nitric oxide, it can be challenging to explain in one or even two sentences what nitric oxide actually does, as it is involved in so many processes simultaneously and it supports your body in many ways.
As one of the experts, Andy Jones, states himself “life would not exist” without it!
You already know oxygen is a very important molecule for your life, but so is nitric oxide. Here are just some examples Andy Jones shared with me during our interview:
- Nitric oxide supports regulation of blood flow
- It supports regulation of blood pressure
- If you want to get blood and oxygen to your connective tissues, then you need to be able to control the amount of oxygen that flows there and nitric oxide is very important in that respect
- It plays a significant role in skeletal muscle
- Works in the mitochondria and influences energy production in the muscle.
- It has effects on the contractile apparatus within muscles to enable the muscle to contract - as Andy Jones emphasizes, “know it's very important, therefore, for both the delivery of oxygen to muscle and the utilization of that oxygen within muscle"
- It plays a role in the regulation of glucose and calcium balance in our body
- It is involved with neurotransmission itself
Regardless of whether or not you are a beet lover or hater, the good news is there are many more veggies which can help you support your nitric oxide production. You do not need to settle just for beets.
Those vegetables can increase the bioavailability of nitric oxide in your body. And as we already know, diet becomes more important to us as we...
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection